Jamestown values strong, caring relationships as a critical component of providing responsive, high-quality, compassionate services to the community.
We believe that by:
- Embracing a youth development model in all of our work;
- Valuing a whole-child, family-centered approach;
- Promoting grassroots program development, organizational governance and decision-making;
- Valuing learning and growth through exposure to new ideas and experiences; and
- Providing experiential learning opportunities;
All members of the Jamestown community will:
- Experience personal growth;
- Find a place that allows for self-determination;
- Feel that their diverse cultures and communities are honored; and
- Exceed their own expectations.
Jamestown’s mission is to mobilize the resources of families, neighborhood residents, and other community members to help young people realize their full potential as empowered and productive members of society.
Jamestown envisions that Mission District youth and families will thrive and create a neighborhood that is safe, affordable, interconnected, and community-led.
"''I like it at Jamestown. In my class I learned the three C’s: Confidence, Creativity, and Courageousness.''"